Frequently Asked Questions
Are you licensed?

There are no licensing requirements for mowing lawns.  However, there are commercial licensing requirements for maintaining lawns and landscapes when applying fertilizers and pesticides.  Indiana Lawn Care is licensed to apply fertilizers and/or pesticides through the OISC (Office of Indiana State Chemist), for categories 3a, 3b, 5, 6, and 7a.  

This allows us to manage against ornamental pests, turf pests, aquatic weeds, industrial weeds, and pests in or around buildings.  When necessary, we can use pesticides on turf, ornamental plants, landscape beds, sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, public or private roads, fence lines, utility rights of way, pipelines, railway rights of way, substations, ditch banks, riprap, restoration areas, ponds, lakes, and wetlands..  

In addition,we are licensed to manage pests, other than termites, in or around structures such as:  Human dwellings, offices, retail establishments, farm structures, restaurants, warehouses, institutional establishments, industrial facilities, food processing facilities, and other similar areas.

Are you insured?

We carry $1,000,000.00 in general liability insurance and carry policies on our equipment and vehicles.  Please note, it is very important to hire a contractor with adequate insurance. When hiring an uninsured contractor, you assume all risk and may be liable for any incidents.  We are happy to provide proof of insurance upon request.

Are you bonded?

Yes, through our sister company, Boulder Creek Construction.  However, many people are confused by bonding.  They have the expectation that all contractors need it since it is so widely advertised, "Licensed, bonded, insured," but do not have any idea what it means.  The basic answer:  We are not required to be bonded, unless we are performing excavation within the city Right of Way or bidding on a large construction project.

In construction, there are two main types of bonds.  Performance and bid bonds.  A performance bond, also known as a contract bond, is a surety bond issued by an insurance company or a bank to guarantee satisfactory completion of a project by a contractor.

A job requiring a payment and performance bond will usually require a bid bond, to bid the job. When the job is awarded to the winning bid, a payment and performance bond will then be required as a security to the job completion.

For example, a contractor may cause a performance bond to be issued in favor of a client for whom the contractor is constructing a building. If the contractor fails to construct the building according to the specifications laid out by the contract (most often due to the bankruptcy of the contractor), the client is guaranteed compensation for any monetary loss up to the amount of the performance bond.

What forms of payment do you accept?

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express.  We do not accept cash.

How am I billed?

Upon approval, regularly serviced customers are billed monthly.  "One-time" customers are billed immediately upon completion of the job.  If we have your email address, we will send the bill electronically.  Otherwise, we will send your bill through the US Postal Service. 

Do I have to sign a contract?

We do not require contracts for our residential customers, but do require contracts for commercial customers.

What areas do you service?

We service the entire Indianapolis, IN area.  In Indianapolis, we service the surrounding areas of Avon, Brownsburg, Carmel, Fishers, Fortville, Greenwood, McCordsville, Mooresville, Noblesville, Plainfield, Westfield, Zionsville, and many other areas.  If you're not sure whether or not we service your area, please call us at (317) 513-9364.

HomeServicesTestimonialsPay InvoiceCareersFAQContact UsTerms of ServiceEmployee Login